NIDHI SHETYE focuses her practice on commercial bankruptcy and distressed transactions. Her bankruptcy experience includes working with a non-profit organization aimed at assisting distressed borrowers. Ms. Shetye has experience with securities law and commercial litigation, as well, including RICO action suits and complex contract based claims.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Shetye interned with the Honorable Judge Scarpulla of the New York Supreme Court Commercial Division. She also has electronic discovery experience relating to vaccine science for a major pharmaceutical company.
Nidhi is an active member of the Women’s Bar Association of New York, where she co-chaired the voter registration drive for the 2016 presidential elections. In her free time, Nidhi enjoys travelling and cooking.
- State Court Admissions
- New York
- Federal Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- International Court Admissions
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, NY.
- LL.M. in International Business and Trade Law
- Honors: cum laude
- Law Review: Fordham International Law Journal, LL.M. Fellow
- Government Law College, University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India.
- Honors: Top 20%
- University of California at Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA.
- Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Economics and International Area Studies
- Minor: French
RECOGNITION & LEADERSHIP
- 2016 Bar Leader’s Award for WBASNY Voter Registration Project
- International Insolvency: An Indian Perspective on Cross-Border Treatment of Cases, 39 Fordham Int’l L. J. 1045, (2016).
- A Handbook for Rape and Sexual Violence Cases: Best Practices of Community-Based Paralegal Programs and Non-Governmental Organizations, Walter Leitner Human Rights Clinic, May 2015.