IVY B. GREY
IVY B. GREY focuses her practice on bankruptcy and distressed transactions. Her corporate bankruptcy experience includes representing corporate debtors, creditor committees, institutional creditors, strategic buyers, hedge funds, and distressed debt investors in Chapter 11 cases. She has sophisticated experience with real estate, equipment financing, and technology matters.
Ms. Grey also has comprehensive knowledge of commercial law, including secured financing, commercial paper, and sales and leasing, and has led teams in lien review and analysis, challenge, and successful dispute resolution.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Grey worked at a New York City bankruptcy boutique representing debtors, committees, and a panel trustee. She was also a part of the bankruptcy and business transactions groups of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP in Portland, Oregon representing creditors in bankruptcy cases, out-of-court restructurings, credit recovery, and collections.
Significant representations include: In re AMR Corp. (American Airlines), In re DBSI Inc., In re Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP, In re Eastman Kodak Company, In re Grubb & Ellis Co., In re Nortel Networks Inc., and In re Sound Shore Medical Center of Westchester.
Ms. Grey is also the author of American Legal Style for PerfectIt, a proofreading and editing software for lawyers. In her free time, she is a competitive swing dancer and DJ.
- State Court Admissions
- New York
- Federal Court Admissions
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Oregon
- St. John’s University School of Law, Jamaica, New York
- LL.M. in Corporate Bankruptcy
- Honors: Dean’s Award for Excellence in Securitization, Structured Finance, & Capital Markets; and Dean’s Award for Excellence Negotiation in Bankruptcy
- University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas
- Juris Doctorate
- Honors: Top 20%; ABI Medal of Excellence; SBA President
- Law Review: Houston Business & Tax Law Journal, Chief Notes & Comments Editor
- Scripps College, Claremont, California
- Bachelor of Arts
- Dual Major: Journalism & Anthropology
- Honors: Crombie Alan Writing Award
RECOGNITION & LEADERSHIP
- Rising Star – New York Metro Area, Super Lawyers , 2014 and 2015
- Past Co-Chair, ABA Commercial & Business Litigation UCC Subcommittee
- Using Software to Improve Realization Rates Ethically and Efficiently, Law Technology Today, Feb. 3, 2016
- MERS in Oregon: National Registration System Questioned in Oregon Courts, with James C. Reinhart, The Multnomah Lawyer, October 2011, Volume 57, Number 10
- Rules for Perfecting Security Interests Slated for Change, Portland Business Journal, January 21, 2011
- The Quest for Perfection: A Secured Creditor’s Guide to the New Article 9, ABI Young and New Members Committee Newsletter, Volume 8, Number 4/November 2010
- Bankruptcy and Its Effect on Commercial Leases, with Thomas S. Hillier, The Daily Journal of Commerce, June 24, 2010
- Help Is on the Way for Harried Homeowners, Portland Business Journal, June 19, 2009
- Good Spirits or Sour Grapes? Reaching a Tax Compromise for Direct-to-Consumer Wine Sellers Under Quill, the 21st Amendment, and Dormant Commerce Clause in Light of Granholm v. Heald, 8 HOUS. BUS. & TAX. L.J. 142 (2008)